Matthew 5:16

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:16

Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

First of all, I got baptized! That's right!
When I got saved, I knew very little about God or the Bible. Mainly all I knew was that Jesus Christ died for my sins, He rose again and He offers salvation to everyone, all I have to do is to believe in Him, and trust in Him. I knew He was my Savior, and that I need to read my Bible, so I did. One day not long after that I read that God commands us to be baptized after we are saved, so I wanted to be baptized. The only church I knew of in my village (other than the Catholic church) was a Lutheran church. So I went to the pastor and asked to be baptized (I was 15 years old). He asked some questions and then he agreed to it. In the Lutheran church, they don't immerse you, they sprinkle water on your head (in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit) and you have to share your testimony in front of the church. Since I had almost no Bible knowledge back then, I didn't know immersion is the Biblical way of baptism. Then much later, when I studied at the Bible Institute, I understood that, but I didn't think I needed to be baptized "again". Now, that we attend a church where you need to be baptized (immersed) to be a member, I thought about it again. Since it wasn't against me at all to be baptized (immersed), and it was needed for the membership, I did so. And I'm very glad I did. Here is a video of it:




Our big baby girl has her own room now! A month ago we moved her play-and-go (what she sleeps in) to another room. She wakes up during the night sometimes but she has her bottle in there and she just feeds herself and goes back to sleep. She normally gets up around 7am and play in her play-and-go for an hour and then lets me know she had enough and wants out. So for a whole month we could sleep through the night. Well, theoretically. With Chris getting up at 2am, I wouldn't say we sleep through the night : ). Either way, Amy is growing up! She is 10 months old now! Sometimes I can't believe it.
I made 3 hairbands for her (green, purple, pink). She looks very cute in, here is a picture:

I made a Hungarian dish, it's called Layered Potatoes. It's made in a baking pan. You put one layer half-boiled potatoes (cut into smaller "circles"), one layer onion (cut), one layer boiled eggs (cut), one layer ground beef,  sour cream and then repeat. You put it in the oven and bake it for about 40 minutes. It turned out good, though I never had it with beef before, we usually put hot-dog or sausage instead. It's very easy to make and I think it's very yummy.

Karen's family have a tradition. Before Christmas, the women come together and bake cookies. Everyone does what she is good at, and once they are done, everyone can take as much as she wants from all the cookies/candies that were made. It's a great idea!

Last Saturday I had the chance to meet Chris' colleagues and all the staff of WTHI, Channel 10. They had a Christmas party for the employees. We went to the best restaurant in Terre Haute and had amazing food. That's all I remember. : ) Not true, we had good company at our table and I really enjoyed getting to know some of the people Chris works with.
That reminds me, if you ever go to WTHI's website (you can click on WTHI and it will take you there), you may see video that Chris took. If something happens in the morning, Chris is the only one who goes to the place and takes footage.

On Thursday I had a chance to leave the house with Amy. Michae, our friend from church took us to Terre Haute and we went shopping. She took me to places I never heard of before. It was so good to spend time with her and her daughter, Annie. Amy really likes Annie, and I'm pretty sure Annie likes Amy too. By the end of the day both girls were totally out, sleeping on the back seat.
Now I know where to go shop when I have to!

Today we are going to see Dave's mom (only met her once before), and tomorrow Stephen Long and John Nienaber are coming to visit us! So we are looking forward an exciting weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Na akkor ide, a magyaron nem lehet kommentet küldeni!
    Már akartam kérdezni, milyen gyüli van Csömörön, de azt itt elárultad! :) Örülök, hogy bemerítkeztél, nincs is jobb ruhástól csobbani egyet. (Just kidding! :)
    Nagyon jó az a kép Amyről fejpántban! Horgoltad? Hiányoztok! Majd olvasd el, amit írtam Chrisnek (te is kaptál másolatot) délelőtt! Puszkó!! :D

    ReplyDelete