Matthew 5:16

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update on Amy



Our baby is extremely cute!

This is gonna be a quick update but I feel like it's time we had a blog post specifically on Amy.


She was born with less than 4 pounds and was 18 inches.

Now that she is 6 months old, she is about 15 lbs and is over 27 inches.

She could roll from her belly to her back when she was 3 months old and could roll from her back to her belly when she was 5 months old. She started to hold her bottle while drinking the same month.
Now that she turned 6 months old, she can crawl, sit, stand and walk while holding onto something (like the crib). When we put her down, the first thing she does is crawl to a place where she can stand (she finds something she can hold onto). 
She is a very happy baby. She listens to people talking, smiles at people, she loves to jump on people's lap or just talk. She is a very active baby.
We have been at my parents' house for the past 2 weeks, and my mom keeps telling people how Amy was an infant when we came and now she is a toddler. She definitely learned a lot of things she didn't know how to do before.
My sister and her kids also like to play with her and spent a lot of time entertaining Miss Amy. I'm very thankful for my family being so awesome and taking care of Amy when I'm too tired and Chris is working. It's a huge help!

She gives us a lot of joy! Chris loves her so much and tells me how cute and wonderful she is. She truly loves her dad.

The beauty of all this is Amy is supposed to be 2 months behind. Her whole story is amazing. She had 2 cysts, both 6mm when I was pregnant with her. The doctor offered abortion to me. Obviously I refused. Both cysts disappeared before Amy was born. The doctor didn't believe the ultrasound and asked another doctor if it's possible. God was with us then as well.

After that I had pre-eclampsia (it's a pregnancy sickness that can be very dangerous if not treated) and my doctor didn't realize it. By God's grace I measured my blood pressure one day and went to the hospital because it was extremely high. Amy was born 4 days later (a month before my due date), because my situation was so serious the doctors had to induce labor. She was shrinking in my belly day by day. She was a month behind and a month early when she was born. Amy was born healthy (though underweight), and didn't need oxygen. She was in an incubator for a week because of her weight. She was never sick (except for a runny nose), she has been developing very well.
God showed His grace through Amy's life from even before she was born until now, and we are sure He will continue to show His grace even after. Many people prayed for Amy and still pray for her. We are very thankful for them! As you can see, God answered their prayer this way. 
I learned a lot of lessons this past 6 months. I definitely understand more and more how much God really loves us, and how prayer is a huge tool in our hands, and how hard it must have been to sacrifice His own Son.


Amy is a good reminder of God's love to me. We love her so much!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew her story, so thanks for sharing it. It's a great testimony. Amy is really fast and far ahead in her development. She's a great little girl! ~Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Danica! We really appreciate it! : )

    ReplyDelete